Since August 26, 2016: I have been doing at least 25 push-ups. Every. Single. Day. (I post all of my push-up challenge videos on YoutTube.) Since August 29, 2017, I started doing 30 push-ups on video and 20 more off camera for a total of 50.
Since December 2014: I have been practicing a foreign language using Duolingo. Every. Single. Day. (Yes, I understand I may not gain fluency just by using Duolingo, but I can happily say that I am able to understand much more written German, French, Italian, Portuguese and others on a more limited basis. My current streak is approaching 900 days. I lost my original streak of over 500 days because I did not do enough daily points to qualify, but I had done lessons that day.)
Since January 1, 2012: I have been running at least 1 kilometer. Every. Single. Day. (Oftentimes barefoot.)
Games: Clash of Clans (level 10 Town Hall, level 6 Builder Hall); Pokemon Go (level 33)
September 4, 2017
- Isis had a friend over for the weekend. Glad she is making deeper connections.
- Today is Labor Day.
- Ate at PDQ.
- Slept a lot.
- Need to prepare for a toastmasters speech on Tuesday.
- Played soccer on Saturday and Sunday. Scored a goal on Sunday.
- Been doing 100 push-ups for a few days now. Will continue.
August 31, 2017
- Gave speech titled “The Best Damn Race” for the humorous speech contest and also participated in the evaluation contest
August 29-30, 2017
- Played recreational soccer Tue and Wed.
- Prepared for TM humorous speech contest with a speech title: The Best Damn Race
- Took wife to appt.
August 26, 2017
- Played recreational soccer in the morning. Had 2 assists. Someone mentioned that I was the de facto captain because I was barking out orders while playing goalie for a bit.
- Did first day of second year of at least 25 push-ups per day.
August 25, 2017
- Just completed day 365 of my push-up challenge.
- Had a great conversation this afternoon. More details when the time is right…
- Developing an encryption utility using jasypt to encrypt properties values in a properties file.
- Thinking about creating an interactive Alexa Skill. I already have a basic skill published, Buffettisms.
- Put my name in as a contestant for our Toastmasters club humorous speech contest. We are the Articulators. (I actually found out about nownownow.com as I was researching strategies for a humorous speech and came across John Zimmer’s Anatomy of a Humorous Speech and his now page.)