I was asked by a career adviser at a local university where I spoke to create a list of questions that they can ask their students in mock interviews for entry level developer positions.
Here’s a list to start with:
Object Oriented Development
- What is inheritance?
- In Java, compare and interface with an abstract class. When would you use one vs the other.
- What is polymorphism and why is it useful?
- What is a Class? What is an Object? Are they the same thing? Explain.
- What is a Map?
- What is a List?
- When would you use a Map or List?
- Can you use them together? If so, how?
- How do you link to another page?
- How do include an image on a web page?
- What is RDBMS?
- What is a foreign key? Give an example.
- What is the difference between an outer and inner join?
Do you have any additional questions that you like to ask?
Are there any other technologies that you would like entry-level questions for?